Welcome message

Ask about the daily special!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The adventures of Spleen Man!

Ok, here's the deal: apparently, I can regenerate. That's my super-power.
Let me explain: during an ER visit late one night, it was discovered, through a CT scan that my spleen was larger than normal. That's not really a life threatening problem, except that mine had gotten large enough to extend past the protection of my ribcage. Again, still not a problem, unless I get in a car accident or something similar. Then, the spleen could suffer damage, which is kind of a big deal.
So, I get referred to a surgeon, schedule a spleenectomy (that's actually what the procedure is called), and get it removed. Another visit to the ER, another CT scan later reveals...wait for it...I have another spleen! The only logical conclusion is that I am capable of regeneration, like an octopus, or something.
I'm trying to think of a way to make this ability a commercial venture. Maybe I could become a spleen farmer? The only issue is; there's not a huge demand for spleens (obviously, you can live without one). Now, if I can figure out how to grow kidneys or lungs, or something equally in demand, I'm in business.
Like anyone with super-powers, I'll have to struggle with the decision to use my powers for good or evil.
Also, Batman has a trusty sidekick, so I guess I'll need one of those too.
How does this sound: "Once again, the day is saved by Spleen Man and Liver Boy"?
I'll work on it.

E4B

2 comments: